Friday, July 17, 2009

A Hair in the Updo of Life...

They say that once you have a baby, time for yourself pretty much becomes non-existent. Boy! They aren't kidding! With two weddings coming up, I decided it was time to start making myself presentable. Yesterday was the first in a series of beautifying appointments I have booked for the next two weeks, and what better place to start than the hair....work from the top down people!

After booking an appointment for a cut and colour, I got thinking about the last time I had both of these done. My hair hadn't been cut since February, but more appallingly, my hair had not been highlighted since last August...before the last wedding I was in. Yikers! Apparently Maddie was cutting in on my "me time" long before she was born!

I love miss Madelyn, but it was SOOO nice to have a couple hours without her! I got to relax, catch up with my aunt (a.k.a. my hairdresser), discuss what I should do with my hair, flip through a magazine and just enjoy the nice quiet baby-free time. It really was win-win for everyone because Grammie Sheryl got to tote Maddie around town for the afternoon lunching with Maddie's great great grandma and visiting her great aunt along the way. 

It's amazing how a simple haircut and some highlights can make you feel like a new person! I left the shop ready to rock n roll with wedding season...and with the promise to myself that I won't wait another whole year to have my highlights done! Up next? I'm off to the spa next week to visit Michelle for another amazing facial! Wedding #1 is three weeks from tomorrow and I am looking forward to the rest of my primping and prepping as I get ready for the day we welcome another sister into the Kyle clan!

Now, what to do with Maddie while I am at the spa next week...

Maddie and I with the "new do"...although you can't really see much of a difference...

No comments:

Post a Comment