Wednesday, January 13, 2010

No...Non...Nein...Não...

Ten months ago yesterday, Maddie arrived in the world....TEN MONTHS AGO! I cannot believe it has been that long already! Man, time really flies!

Although she is only ten months old, Miss Madelyn has already become quite the little personality. She knows she is cute and is quite the little flirt. She chatters to the old ladies and plays the "oops, I seemed to have dropped my shoe" game with EVERYONE at the grocery store. She picks up guys in the grocery store, at Home Depot and bats her eyes at the construction guys working on our bathroom. She also has decided that when she wants something, she will stop at nothing to get it. At first it was cute watching her pull herself and try to reach something on the counter....there was no way she could actually get it, so it was funny. However, she is getting taller and stronger by the second, so now she can reach things close enough to the edge... or open cupboards and drawers...or dump the recycle bin over...SUPER frustrating! She likes to" help me cook supper." Really, I attempt to make dinner while also chasing her around the kitchen! I have put as much stuff up or out of the room as possible, but she still finds things to get into.

I have been working on trying to get her to understand the word "no." So far...no dice! In fact, when I say no, she usually just looks at me and does whatever she was going to anyways...Grrr! Carm's mom tells her no and she starts to cry. I tell her no and she basically laughs and carries on! At what age do babies actually learn that no means no? I know there are several of you mamas of teenagers who are going to laugh and tell me they never learn it....BUT that's not true. You see (and I am sure nobody can argue with this), the difference is that my 10 month old doesn't understand the word. period. Your teenagers COMPLETELY understand the word, they just choose to ignore the meaning....believe me....that was me not so long ago! Ha! I guess they say payback is a bitch...so maybe my payback is starting early?

Anyways, on a more exciting note, TOMORROW is the day!!! Miss Maddie starts daycare and I am back to work!!! AHHHH! I am a little sad that I will be leaving Maddie tomorrow morning, but at the same time, I am SUPER excited to start! I know that according to most mamas I should be crying and trying to come up with ways to get out of going back to work, but honestly, I am really looking forward to it. I am not at all worried about leaving her with our daycare provider...she will be in excellent hands with her....I am more nervous about my new job than leaving Madelyn....is that bad? Anyways, I am really looking forward to going to work, but I am also looking forward to picking her up and heading home at the end of the day! If anything, I am a little worried she won't want to come home!!!

The biggest challenge about going to work tomorrow is that our shower is still out of commission! So, getting ready tomorrow and Friday morning will be a bit of a challenge, but hopefully by the weekend things will be back to normal and getting back into a good routine will be easier next week! On the topic of the bathroom, be sure to check out my 365-Day photo project to follow the progress of "Bathroom Reno 2009!" (http://jennkyle365.blogspot.com).

Well, breaktime is over...back to prepping for tomorrow! Wish me luck tomorrow and I will check in next week to update you all on my transition from stay-at-home mama to working mama!

Until next time my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment