Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Dirty Laundry...

Last week was chaos around here with all of the last minute things to get done before the wedding. Maddie, Carm and I spent the majority of our days down at the farm helping put the finishing touches on the beautifully manicured yard where the ceremony was to take place. Friday afternoon and evening, I finally had to take a few hours to tidy my house and get ready for the visitors that would be in the following day. I dusted, vacuumed, did dishes and did load after load of laundry...with things looking neat and tidy, I was ready for bed as soon as I switched the last load of laundry into the dryer...

I reached into the washing machine only to find my quilt sopping fricken wet!! UGH!! Just what I needed at 11:30 pm the night before the wedding. After attempting to restart the spin cycle a couple of times I concluded that my two year old washing machine was broken. Again...UGH!!!

I had a call into the washing machine repair man first thing Monday morning, but laundry is not classified as an emergency, so I am sans washing machine until Saturday morning for sure. At first, I didn't think 5 days without a washer would be a big deal, but as the week has gone on, the temperatures outside have got hotter, the baby and the husband have both gotten sweatier and the laundry pile has gotten BIGGER. I had to breakdown and haul a load of Miss Maddie's stuff down to Carm's mom's since we were down to her last pair of summer pjs. Tomorrow I will likely have to do some towels as well. Another crappy thing about the washer breaking THIS week...humidity! Normally, you can get two showers out of your towel before it needs to be washed as long as you hang it up....when it's humid our towels do NOT dry.  If you shower in the morning, the towel is still wet at night and has a beautiful musty smell....that's right, musty not musky. I HATE that smell. So, since we're down to two clean towels in the basket, a trip to Nancy's Laundry Mat is on tap for tomorrow.

On another note, today is Miss Maddie's 5 month birthday!!! YAY! I can't believe the little wiener is almost half a year old. It seriously seems like just yesterday that we were bringing her home from the hospital...a mere 8 lbs 1 oz then, little miss Madelyn has skyrocketed to over 16 lbs already!

Have  look at some of my favourites from our 5 month photo shoot yesterday!





No comments:

Post a Comment